Knitted Textile Maker - FA-KE-KK-37
Knitted / / 113 views
This Kenyan based knitting maker and tailor support over 300 knitters as well as over 200 spinners who hand spin the wool into yarn using recycled bicycle wheels made into spinning wheels. Working in close conjunction with a weaving group for homeware. They aim to help rural women find much needed form of income using their spinning and knitting skills.
They are dedicated to supporting the local community by empowering these rural Kenyan women to knit a brighter future for themselves and their families. Knitting is ideal within the local community as it requires minimal equipment and can be done in snatches of times within the context of their daily lives. All work is done from home, and bought into the workshop for finishing, washing and buying.
They create a range of plush toys, home decor, clothing & accessories and unique gifts using 100% natural wool, which has been home spun, plant dyed and hand knitted with care.
They are proudly GOTS certified, AZO and Cadmium Free, and eco-friendly.
Product offered includes:
Services offered includes:
|Made to Order – bespoke production|
|Wholesale product (such as blank products for white label)|
- Listing ID: 4323
- Manufacturer: FA-KE-KK-37
- Materials: Natural Wool; Hand Dyeing; Wool Natural Dye; organic cotton, eco dyeing
- Minimum Order Quantity: 1-10 pieces per style
- Type of Business: TEXTILES > HAND WOVEN; CLOTHING > WOMENSWEAR; TEXTILES > KNITTED; HOMEWARE > THROWS; HOMEWARE > BEDDING; HOMEWARE > RUGS;
- Shipping: They can ship using DHL as they have an account with them. Air Freight with Chesaka International, or via local postal services Posta Kenya.
- Payment Methods: Bank to bank transfer; WorldRemit money transfer; Flutterwave; Mobile Money
- Certifications: GOTS certified, AZO and Cadmium Free, and ecofriendly.
- Lead Times: Lead times are 8-12 weeks.