Textiles / / 128 views
This Zimbabwean based textile maker with a team of 22 people create an ethical framework of luxury handcrafted products that articulate a strong brand aesthetic based on traditional crafts and modern innovation. The first Macrame Community in Zimbabwe that partners with rural and peri-urban artisans.
They focus on fusing traditional crafts with modern innovation. Handcrafted in both Zimbabwe & Ecuador by a creative couple with a love for design and community, they set out to collectively understand global design where the theory of ‘Putting People First’ in design is precedent. This company was created by designers who are multi award winners, with internationally acclaimed awards and recognition, who also speak on many platforms on issues of sustainability, social innovation and exit strategies in artisan communities.
As a sustainable brand, they incorporate Eco-friendly materials into their products such as
- 100% recycled para-cord – this is 100% made from recycled plastic PET bottles.
- natural vegetable tanned leather – this is consciously and sustainably sourced in Ecuador and off cut leather sourced in England.
- natural sea grass straw – a fast growing grass also referred to as a weed. This is sourced from surrounding areas within the community in Ecuador in the village of Salinas. They harvest and strip the straw by hand.
- yarn – they support local rural factories in Ecuador that produce yarn from scratch using local materials and natural dyes.
Product offered includes:
Services offered includes:
|Graphic artwork print design|
- Listing ID: 4063
- Manufacturer: Manufactured by FA-VV-ZIM-77
- Materials: Woven products
- Minimum Order Quantity: 51-100 pieces per style
- Type of Business: Textiles > Handwoven; Knitted; Accessories>Belt; Bags; Footwear; Leather goods; Homewear>Baskets; Wholesale
- Shipping: Fedex; Shipping partner
- Payment Methods: Bank to bank transfer; PayPal
1% for the planet
Responsible Wool Standard
- Lead Times: 8-12 weeks
- Services Offered: Quality Checks; Design support Graphic; artwork print design